Sunday, May 15, 2011

One Step Closer.

I had my last final Friday which means it's summer and I am officially a senior in college. That idea is absolutely terrifying to me. I cannot believe that after 17 years, I only have one more year of school before I'm going to be thrown into the real world and expected to make a life for myself. If I'm being honest, I'm quite happy to be postponing that moment for a few months while I run away to Disney World. In the grand scheme of things, what difference is it going to make if I graduate in May or December? I might as well take advantage of this sort of opportunity now because I know that if I didn't, I'd look back someday and regret never applying for this program. It was quite strange walking back to my apartment after my last final knowing that I wouldn't be going back to Marquette until January. I felt quite stupid getting a bit emotional over it when I still have another year left before graduation. I can only imagine how I'll feel next December when I'm preparing for graduation. However, I'm going to choose not think about that right now.

Anyway, when I was planning this blog, I thought of a whole bunch of entries that I wanted to write that would include tips/helpful information for any DCP hopefuls reading this, and of course, I seem to have forgotten all of them. Although, now that it's summer, maybe I'll have more time to devote to this. And perhaps, just maybe, the entries will get more interesting as check in gets closer. Which, as a matter of fact, yesterday marked 100 days until August 22nd. It's still a long way off, but I feel like these next few months are going to go by pretty quickly. In a few weeks, I'll be starting my internship at ESPN Milwaukee which I am really looking forward too. I'd love to work for ESPN someday so this might be a great place to start. I don't have any other big plans for the summer so unless I manage to find another part time job, I'll probably have plenty of time to prepare for August. 

So this was another pointless entry. Sorry. I promise, at some point, these entries will get more interesting/exciting. At least I hope so. 

No comments:

Post a Comment