Thursday, April 14, 2011

Dream Work Locations

Like I've said a few times already, my role for the College Program is Quick Service Food and Beverage. Since I got accepted I've been thinking about where I'd like to work. Here's my list of the top 5 locations that I'd love to work at. I'm not sure if CPs typically work at all these places but it's still fun.

Outdoor Carts- All four parks

I think this one is pretty self explanatory. I already sent an email requesting outdoor foods at the Magic Kingdom as my work location but as is expected, no request is guaranteed. Working at one of these outdoor carts would be more enjoyable for me because you're actually out in the park and not stuck inside a restaurant all day. I also feel like you'd have more guest interaction at the carts. I've seen plenty of Cast Members standing in front of their carts when they're not helping anyone, just talking to guests as they pass by. Plus, like I've said before, working Outdoor Foods would provide a different experience than the one I already had at Culvers.

Beaches and Cream- Disney's Beach Club Resort


Honestly, this was never a place I really considered as somewhere that I'd like to work. But then when my parents and I were in Disney World, we were staying at the Beach Club and stopped here on our last day after being at the Magic Kingdom. The Cast Member who took our order was a college student so then I started thinking about how cool it would be to get placed here. It's a fun, casual restaurant that serves burgers, sandwiches, and of course, ice cream! The signature item on Beaches and Cream's menu is the famous Kitchen Sink. I'm pretty sure that even if I don't get placed here(which I'm sure I probably won't), I'm going to try to see if I can pick up a shift here while on the program. 

Casey's Corner/Ice Cream Parlor- Main Street USA, Magic Kingdom

Casey's Corner of my favorite restaurants at Disney World and we always make sure to grab dinner or lunch here at least once a trip. And we usually get something from the Ice Cream Parlor while we're waiting for SpectroMagic or Wishes in the evening. Casey's Corner serve hot dogs, fries, beverages, etc, while the Ice Cream Parlor serves, of course, ice cream. I think one of these two locations would be such a fun place to work. Mostly because they're located right on Main Street so even though you're inside, you're still in the middle of the park. Plus, you'd get to hear/see the parade and fireworks every night. How awesome would that be?

Pizza Planet- Backlot, Hollywood Studios
What Toy Story fan wouldn't want to work at this restaurant inspired by the animated film? Of course, I'm still a tad bitter that this Pizza Planet isn't exactly like the one in the movie. However, I'd still love to work here since it's one of my favorite places to eat at the Studios, and I love all the little touches from the films. 

ABC Commissary- Backlot, Hollywood Studios
The ABC Commissary is a Quick Service Restaurant but a bit different from the others on this list. Instead of just serving American cuisine, it features international items. Inside, movie trailers play on television screens and the walls are decorated with film posters from the past and present. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who wishes Pizza Planet was like the one in the movie!

    ReplyDelete