Sunday, March 27, 2011

I'm not a very good blogger

It's been a while since I wrote here. Part of that is because I've been busy with school, went out of town for spring break, and to be honest, I've also been a bit lazy. That's really one of the first things you learn about me. I'm lazy. I wish it wasn't always true but alas, it is. What can you do? And really, I'm not sure what to write about now, the CP being quite a ways off still. Anyway, I figured since I'm already procrastinating studying for my Organizational Behavior exam tomorrow , why not update the old blog? So here I am.

Like I mentioned in my last entry, I spent spring break in Disney World with my parents. It was wonderful being able to enjoy some gorgeous weather for a week. Disney World was as enjoyable as always only this time it was quite a weird sensation knowing that the next time I'll be there it won't be as a guest but as an actual Cast Member. That thought still blows my mind. I also sort of started scoping out various places that I may enjoy working. There are two main components of QSFB. You can either be placed in one of their restaurants or outside at the carts that sell water/soda, ice cream, popcorn, etc. I've decided that I'd definitely prefer to work outside at one of the carts. Since I've worked in a fast food restaurant before, even if the role is basically the same, being outside at a cart will provide a different experience than my time at Culvers. Plus, if there aren't any guests around, you can just people watch which is one of my favorite parts about being in Disney World. I actually sent an email to Disney College Recruiting requesting Outdoor Foods. I never got a response from them so I hope they got it and put it with the rest of my information. Maybe when my check in date gets closer I'll send another email or call them. At this point I don't really care which park I'm at, although I did request Magic Kingdom in the email I sent. And like I said in the last entry, during my interview I named Hollywood Studios and Magic Kingdom as my favorite parks so I'm still crossing my fingers I end up at one of those two but really, I don't care too much. Disney World is Disney World, I'm just happy to be there. And from what I've gathered, QSFB cast members can pick up shifts in other locations as the training is all the same. So even if my "base" is at one of the four parks, I could potentially pick up shifts at the other three which is totally awesome. I could be wrong about that but I'm pretty sure that's possible. Also, being the girl that I am, I paid a bit more attention to the costumes Cast Members at the restaurants were wearing and how I'd feel if I had to wear it. o:)

Like I mentioned in my last entry, being big baseball fans, my dad and I decided to take in a Braves Spring Training game at the Wide World of Sports Complex. That was a fun and relaxing atmosphere and I'd love to go back. My dad and I of course both wore Brewers shirts which meant we got a few comments about being in the wrong state. One of the Cast Members in the stadium even said his brother was the Dean of the College of Education at Marquette. Small world, huh?


I also celebrated my 21st birthday in Disney World. We really didn't do anything too special but it was still fun. We spent the morning/early afternoon at Epcot and then headed over to Hollywood Studios and had dinner at 50s Prime Time Cafe. Since my dad had mentioned it was my birthday when he made the reservation, when we got dessert, our "cousin" announced it to the room that I was 21 and had them sing happy birthday to me. Then we went and saw the first show of Fantasmic before heading back to the resort. This was even in our room when we got back!
The picture is a signed photo of Cinderella in front of the castle. Pretty awesome and a nice surprise!

So overall it was a really fun trip. Leaving Disney World is always pretty sad but this time it was a little bit easier knowing that I'll be going back soon for the Program! So exciting!

In other news, my dad made airline reservations for us for August. My check in date is August 22nd so we'll be flying down August 20th. My dad's going to be staying a few days after check in as well to make sure I'm settled and everything before he comes back to Milwaukee.

As of now the most important thing to me is getting everything straightened out at Marquette. I met with the Associate Dean of the College of Business the week before spring break to discuss everything and he said that all I'll have to do is give them some sort of verification that I'm going to be doing the program(like my acceptance letter) and I'll be able to enroll in a zero credit class which means that I'll still be considered a Marquette student, even though I'm not taking any classes. I'll also still get university emails and when it comes time to register for the spring 2012 semester, I'll have a registration date and time on my checkmarq account. And even though Marquette requires that you submit a form verifying that you had an advising meeting before registering or else you're locked out of your time, I'll just be able to email him and he'll be able to help me out which will be great. I really don't want to be locked out and not able to register until the last day! I'm pretty relieved that this process doesn't seem to be as complicated as I feared it'd be. However I still haven't been able to get a permission number for the zero credit class. I emailed the associate dean earlier this week asking when I could give them a copy of my letter and he directed me to someone in the Business Career Center who he said could help me. So I emailed him but he directed me to someone else in the Career Center. Ahh. I haven't emailed him yet but hopefully he will be able to help me and I can get this straightened out soon.

I also got another email from Disney this week. I love getting emails from them. It just makes it seem so...official.

Wow for having nothing to talk about, I wrote a lot. I'm sorry for the long entries. Hopefully I can start using this more and make the entries more frequent and shorter. But for now, my Organizational Behavior notes are calling me.

No comments:

Post a Comment